Exercise is highly recommended to maintain the weight loss, post-operatively. Following are tips for your exercise regimen:
- Gradually and progressively start your exercise program.
- Walking is the best means of exercising. You can increase the distance and time you walk, as you feel comfortable.
- Swimming and aerobics can also help you stay fit.
- Strength training should be avoided for the first three months. When you are advised to start strength training exercises, be sure to learn the correct form and warm up before the workout.
- Keep yourself active throughout the day.
- Exercise 30 min a day (it can be 3 times of 10 min each).
- Wear appropriate shoes and clothing while exercising.
- Vary your workouts to avoid monotony.